Sunday, January 13, 2008

Welcome!

Welcome to the Fritz Blitz.

I'm Jamie Fritz. My husband Bob and I love sports. We talk about sports a lot. We often say what the announcers say before they say it.

We also have opinions. We like our opinions, and wish to share them with the world, in all their sparkly glory. Hence, this. As far as we can tell, this is the world's premier (and first) joint spousal sports blog.

A bit about me. I'm a big fan of pro hockey and pro football. I also like basketball, especially women's college and pro hoops. I'm an inveterate homer about the Steelers and the Penguins, but I'm not all that into the Buccos, at least not until they start winning. PNC park, however, is beautiful. I enjoy Olympic sports, (both winter and summer) and can take or leave college football. I like to watch drag racing (cars only please, the motorcycles scare the crap out of me) but I really don't get the appeal of NASCAR. Honestly, I can watch and appreciate almost any sporting event.

I'm also a feminist, a knitter, a spinner, a photographer, and an animal lover. I keep a knitting and general day-to-day stuff blog over at Buttercupia and tend to update that about once a week, if you're interested. If you're not, that's also fine.

Bob and I have been married since 2005. We don't have kids of our own, but I have two grown daughters (22 and 24) who have fully adopted Bob. We have two Welsh Corgis and three cats. We're both members of Mensa, and our interest in sports sets us apart somewhat. It's one of the things that brought us together. We also love movies and music, but no blogs on those subjects are in the works.

No comments: